Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 18:05:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeffrey Wheat <jeff@tad.cetlink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux emulation help needed

Hi,

	I know that this has been discussed here before, but I searched
the archives and found nothing to help. I am running 2.1-stable and want
to get the linux emulation running.  The steps I took are:

Installed the Linux compatibility libraries from the Ports collection:
	# make ; make install

Built a new kernel, with the following option:

        options COMPAT_LINUX

Installed the kernel and rebooted.

Loaded the linux emulation module:

        # modload -e linux_init /lkm/linux_mod.o
        Linux emulator installed
        Module loaded as ID 0
        # modstat
	Type     Id Off Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
	EXEC      0   3 f1219000 0018 f121e000   1 linux_emulator

Tried to run netscape for linux:

	# ktrace ./netscape
	Segmentation fault (core dumped)

	# kdump
   	838 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
   	838 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xefbfd80b,0xefbfd770,0xefbfd778)
   	838 ktrace   NAMI  "./netscape"
   	838 netscape RET   execve 0
   	838 netscape CALL  getitimer(0x3843e2,0)
   	838 netscape RET   getitimer -1 errno 22 Invalid argument
   	838 netscape PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL
   	838 netscape NAMI  "netscape.core"

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

-jeff