Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 02:16:17 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        ertank@ozlerplastik.com (Ertan Kucukoglu)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Leased line and routing problems

On 10 Apr 2000 07:10:27 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I searched the maillist but, couldn't find a solution to my problem.
>
>I want to connect the LAN to the internet using router with FreeBSD 4.0. I
>didn't setup any router configuration before, so I don't know what to do,
>and below there maybe wrong configurations.

Look for info on NAT (Network Address Translation).  Also, if you go to
www.dejanews.com/usenet, click on power search, enter *freebsd* in the
forms section, and enter in NATD, you will get a wealth of information.

>FreeBSD has 2 ethernets. One is 195.33.200.146 another is 192.168.1.152.
>Router's ip is 195.33.200.145, and setup for the 195.33.200.146 ip address.
>In my BSD I setup default gateway to 195.33.200.145, so my box can connect
>to the internet.
>
>I don't know what to do after that point. Please direct me to a web site or
>help setting this network up.

man natd

Other things you might want to look at include the various proxies in the
ports collection. in /usr/ports/www squid is a popular caching proxy.  Also
in /usr/ports/net/socks5 is another popular one.

>My several configuration files are below:
>----- /etc/rc.conf -----

>router_flags="-q"
>router="routed"
>router_enable="YES"

You probably dont need routed for such a simple network.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)