Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:24:38 +0100
From:      Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@netcologne.de>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        timur@gnu.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, Derkjan de Haan <derkjan@haanjdj.xs4all.nl>
Subject:   Re: squid, samba startup scripts fail to run from base system rcorder

* Doug Barton (dougb@FreeBSD.org):

> Derkjan de Haan wrote:
> >All,
> >
> >I run RELENG_6 on my system, and cvs-upping today, I noticed that samba
> >and squid fail to start properly.
>
> I tried squid, and it worked for me without any alterations. I haven't
> tried samba yet, but I don't see anything terribly wrong with the boot
> script (although really it would be better to separate the two parts into
> two different scripts).

Ok, here is the squid maintainer:

I am just about to update to the latest RELENG_6 to check for myself;
however it would be nice to hear if squid.sh in its "rcNG" incarnation
is not as broken as I had feared.

However, I am open to suggestions how squid.sh is best fit into new
world order. Currently I let it REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS basically
because that is what the script I stole this from when I was forced to
provide rcNG support did.

If it's recommended to change this (provided this is backwards
compatible for the RELENG_5 users), I am all ears.