Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 09:06:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        imp@village.org, rivers@dignus.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more info on pccard insertion hang...

"M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>  wrote:

> In message: <200205270214.g4R2Ef483353@lakes.dignus.com>
>             Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com> writes:
> : Warner - any ideas?
> : pci_write_config(..., bcr,2);  <<<< hangs
>
> Interesting....
>
> So this pretty much confirms what I'd expect.  We establish the
> interrupt handler, then turn on the interrupts, then hang.  I suspect
> that there's an interrupt in the bridge that isn't being acked.  Maybe
> there's something in the pcic_pci_intr that should do that it isn't.
>
> There's also one thing that I've been thinking about in the back of my
> mind that you might want to check.  I read in the mindshare books that
> the we're supposed to mask one of the interrupts while we're powering
> the card up.  Maybe that's left over and we're not clearing it
> properly.
>
> Does adding
>      for (i = 0; i < 0x40) sp->getb(sp, i);
> at the end pcic_pci_intr do anything for you?  The PCIC_STAT_CHG
> should do that, but I'm not sure why it isn't.

I added:

	{
	   int i;
	   for(i=0;i<0x40;i++) {
		sp->getb(sp,i);
	   }
	}

to the end of pcic_pci_intr() - but that didn't change anything...
got the same hang in exactly the same place...

	- Dave Rivers -

--
rivers@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com