Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:23:29 -0500
From:      Gary Geisbert <ggeisbert@e-centives.com>
To:        Dan Phoenix <dphoenix@bravenet.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qmail IO problems

Dan Phoenix wrote:

> I/O. Checking on qmail queue patches maybe? Far as I know there is a
> big-to do patch on qmail's homesite....not sure if that will help but

Definately go for the big-todo patch -- depending on the size of your
average queue, you will see a very considerable performance gain.  The
problem you're seeing is because of the large number of files per
directory in /var/qmail/queue/todo.  Changing conf-split to be ~500,
alongside the big-todo patch will yield far better performance.

~Gary