Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:20:25 -0600
From:      Michael <mhobgood@inet-direct.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PCI Modem Assistance Needed

Hello,
	I recently installed FreeBSD 3.4 from Walnut Creek.  I have read
the Handbook in an attempt to get my system configure for internet
access.  The problem I am having is my PCI modem.  It is an ActionTec
modem that works great under Linux (which I'm using to mail this.)  The
modem sets on what in DOS is COM 5, or under Linux is ttyS4.  If I
understand the handbook correctly, this means my modem should be at
device cuaa4 and I need to enable sio4 in the kernel.  Looking at a
printout of LINT, I don't see how to set the correct parameters for
sio4.  In Linux I would use a command such as:
"setserial /dev/ttyS4 uart 16550A port 0xd400 irq 11"
and the device is configured properly.  How do I accomplish this in
FreeBSD.

Cordially,
Michael Hobgood