Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2003 05:10:21 -0400
From:      "Maurice Reeves" <mreeves_freebsdlist@hotmail.com>
To:        "'Freebsd for newbies'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Ports

Cort,
The problem with your request is that the ports tree is SO huge that
you'll get so many varied answers.  I use Emacs, XMMS, etc.  Other
people will use other things because you have so much variety.

If you'd like to know more about what's available in the ports tree and
what it's good for I'd suggest you go to www.onlamp.com/bsd and read Dru
Lavigne's column "FreeBSD Basics".

She does a great job getting you more information and detail about
FreeBSD.

hth,
Maurice