Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:48:21 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <bwithrow@BayNetworks.COM>
To:        "David G. Andersen" <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
Cc:        Robert Withrow <bwithrow@BayNetworks.COM>, Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS probs with 3.0 and earlier releases.

danderse@cs.utah.edu said:
:- If, at a later date, you mount something else that causes
:-    pizzahut:/home on /a/pizzahut/home
:- Then the /a/pizzahut/home/bwithrow mount will be lost, because the old
:-  'home' in that path will be mounted under the pizzahut/home mount.

Nope.  At the time the home directory NFS mount goes deaf, there are only
three NFS mounts (I also used "mount" also to verify this).

bash-2.02# amq -m | grep nfs
pobox:/mail              /a/pobox/mail              nfs     1
pobox.engeast.baynetworks.com is up
pizzahut:/home/bwithrow  /a/pizzahut/home/bwithrow  nfs     1
pizzahut.engeast.baynetworks.com is up
waterworks:/tree/local   /a/waterworks/tree/local   nfs     1
waterworks.engeast.baynetworks.com is up

The other two are up and running, but the pizzahut one is hung.  It comes
back later. And, as I said before, it *was* up and running *before* I
logged into XDM.

Thanks for the help anyway.

--
Robert Withrow -- (+1 978 916 8256)