Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:43:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE (Christoph Kukulies)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: diskless 100 Mbit - IntelEtherexpress - Q

> Would it be possible with the present status of network drivers/netboot
> to build a diskless 100 MBit (Fast Ethernet) setup of workstations?
>
> Would the Intel Etherexpress card be appropriate HW? I see an empty
> socket on the board but it's unclear to me whether this is for an
> EPROM.

it could be for an eprom but we don't have eprom support for 100
mbit cards anyways.

the way I do it now is to use a boot floppy with a kernel on it and the
diskless stuff that Tor Egge wrote and recently (march-april ?) was
committed.

as an alternative you can boot off a 10mbit/s "ed"-like card and use an
additional card for 100 mbit/s

	Luigi