Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:50:18 +0300
From:      Nikolay Pavlov <quetzal@zone3000.net>
To:        Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [fbsd] HEADS UP: FreeBSD 5.3, 5.4, 6.0 EoLs coming soon

On Wednesday, 11 October 2006 at 18:08:02 +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Jeremie Le Hen schrieb:,
>
> > Though I admit RELENG_4 is getting dusty, it is not rusty.  I believe it
> > is still used in many places because of its stability and performance.
>
> agreed.
>
> > Is it envisageable to extend the RELENG_4's and RELENG_4_11's EoL once
> > more ?
>
> I second this.
>
> I know a half dozend installation, that must rum RELENG_4_11,
> because FreeBSD 5.x and 6.x simply don't boot on that servers any more.
> There is alot of hardware where an updated don't run on.
>
> kind regards Dirk

I don't want to bother somebody, but it would be realy cool if we can
use RELENG_4 with security updates support for the next year.
FreeBSD-4.11 is the best choice for old hardware like our PentiumII
400Mhz router. It's just works. Thats all.

In any case thanks for all security officers for they work.