Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:01:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are there periodic "GOOD" tags in CVS for -CURRENT?

Hmm. Well, part of the goal of the upcoming development snapshots is to
provide that.  On the other hand, I think the reason there has been less
focus on that of late is that -CURRENT is actually quite stable, leaving
aside a few tiny windows (for example, when I broke booting due to messing
up a locking case in vn_close() during a merge from a local tree).  As we
move towards a less stable tree, the best approach may be to announce good
"times" to request of cvsup/CVS, to avoid the cost of the tagging
operation.