Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 10:27:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        freelist@elf.kendall.mdcc.edu, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LAT support

> >   Someone just dropped an old DECserver 200/MC on my lap that would be
> > nice to use for some cruddy little dialup, but it (a) needs a loader for
> > the software when it boots up and (2) only does LAT connection. Anyone
> > ever program any LAT support for FreeBSD?
>
> To boot that box, you need MOP.  MOP is proprietary DEC; I've seen an
> attempt at reverse engineering that had most of the basic information,
> but on top of that you need all the other stuff. (LAT, Decnet etc.)

Actually, MOP is well documented.

Makes sense if you are DEC and want to have people build printers
that require DECNet to boot.

> On top of that, the DS200 is a really cheesy terminal server.  Sell it
> to a VMS or Ultrix shop and go buy a multiport serial card 8)

He didn't really give a letter after the 200.  It *might* have one,
and so it *might* have modem control support.

I wonder if you could stuff an Amiga 68030 board in and more memory and...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.