Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:45:36 -0500
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        Dimitry Andric <dim@xs4all.nl>, John Hoover <johnhoover@home.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realtek 8139

If by chance a card is in full-duplex,
  ifconfig xx0 -mediaopt full-duplex
will turn it off.  rtfm ifconfig(1).

--
Barney Wolff

"Nonetheless, ease and peace had left this people still curiously tough.
They were, if it came to it, difficult to daunt or to kill; and they were,
perhaps, so unwearyingly fond of good things not least because they could,
when put to it, do without them, and could survive rough handling by grief,
foe, or weather in a way that astonished those who did not know them well
and looked no further than their bellies and their well-fed faces." J.R.R.T.