Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 23:25:52 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <gljohns@bellsouth.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   advice on setting up a Vinum volume

I am getting a new ultra SCSI disk. I don't have it yet but it will be
something between 4 and 4.5 GB. I currently have a WDC AC21600H, 1549MB
drive. I will be making the SCSI disk my primary disk and was trying to
think of ways to use my existing IDE drive. What I was thinking was to
take 1549MB from the SCSI disk and make a Vinum striped volume with it
and the IDE drive. Does any one have a feel for what the performance of
that setup would be?

All input appreciated.
--
Glenn Johnson