Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:30:30 -0600
From:      "Jonathan Reeder" <jreeder@minutemenu.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Trouble determining configure options in ports

I'm trying to install the samba3 port, and I'm having trouble figuring out
whether or not the --with-pam config option is being set.  I've looked
through the Makefile in /usr/ports/net/samba3, but I have to admit its not
making all that much sense to me.

I really don't want to install samba from source, but it doesn't appear to
me that --with-pam is being set by ports' Makefile, since I don't have a
/etc/pam.d/samba file when all is said and done.  Can anyone offer me any
pointers?

I guess a broader question is, how can you control the options that you
could normally set in ./configure when installing via ports?