Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:05:11 +0100
From:      Joakim Henriksson <murduth@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jikes floating error

> Wondering if anyone is running into Floating point exception problems while
> trying to use jikes.

Yeah, jikes folds double constants indiscriminatly (sp?) and lets the CPU find
divisions by zero. This will work on linux and the like because they mask it
in the OS, but we get a big fat happy SIGFPE :) I have sent a pr on this with
a patch atached, it's ports/9061.

> I was trying to rebuild kaffe's java classes and I am running 3.0-current.

It's probably trying to define infinity by doing 1.0/0.0 :) (Been there, done
that)

--
regards/ Joakim