Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 13:18:18 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        davidg@root.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Shutdown Procedure

I found the bug in my driver that caused the problem in shutdown...now that
I've looked closely at the procedures I have a question or two.

I noticed that if_ed.c calls ed_registerdev() at the beginning of the probe
routine rather than after if_attach() as in previous releases and as some
other drivers do. I've also noticed that the device is in the table even if
it is disabled. What is the reason for the change?

Who/what uses the kdc_state information, and what is the impact of a device
being IDLE or BUSY?

Thanks,

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25