Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:19:33 -0500
From:      Stephen Clark <sclark46@earthlink.net>
To:        Bartosz Stec <admin@kkip.pl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: support for natted ftp server and passive mode

Bartosz Stec wrote:
> Stephen Clark pisze:
>> Do any of the firewall products on FreeBSD provide support
>> for a natted ftp server sitting behind the FreeBSD FW.
>>
>> Without having the ftp server advertise the external address
>> in its passive mode packet, in other words have the firewall
>> product look inside the packet and change the internal address
>> in the data portion of the packet to the external address.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>>
> pf + ftp-proxy
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ftp-proxy&sektion=8&manpath=OpenBSD+4.4

Thanks,

this seems to do the trick on 6.3 - unfortunately it doesn't work on FreeBSD
4.9. We have a number of installations which are still running on 4.9 :(

Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)