Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:34:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: portability of shm, mmap, pipes and socket IPC

David Greenman said:

> >>    That isn't true and hasn't been true for several years in FreeBSD.
> >
> >Are you sure?
>
>    Yes, I'm quite sure.

DG's statement is accurate.  I removed that very artificial restriction over
2 yrs ago.  There is no reason to use KVA space for data that the kernel never
needs to see.  Correcting that deficit was pretty much on my list as soon as
I saw that problem when FreeBSD made it an official part of the distribution.

dyson@iquest.net      | it makes one look stupid