Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 17:04:21 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Mark Barthelemy <zapper@idsmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound

>   It sure would be nice to hear *sound*.  I sure could use some help on
> setting it up.  Any plans on offering this information in the hand-book?

Assuming your sound card isn't plug-and-play, get the settings for your
card (IRQ, DMA, etc) from DOS, or Windows, or by setting jumpers.  At boot,
use the -c option to configure, and then add your sound card.

Check /usr/ports/audio for some audio applications.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za