Date:      Tue, 30 May 2006 08:56:06 +0000
From:      "Marwan Sultan" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        gil@asol.com.ph
Cc:        freebsd@amadeus.demon.nl, questions@freebsd.org, dimitar.vassilev@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: User Access restriction.

Hello,

  Yes, I understand that To lockup a user from navigating outside their home
directories through
  ftp, I simply can add them to /etc/ftpchroot and when a user connects It
wont allow him
  to go any level higher than his Home Directory.
  No need for proftpd as additional port, because the base system will do it
throu /etc/ftpchroot

  BUT!!
  The user can connect through SSH and navigate,
  Here where my information stops,
  2 questions,
1)  How do I have a list from few users to disallow them using SSH?
     is there any where i add a user to disallow him from using SSH?

2) If I want to lock the user through his SSH session not FTP session whats
the way?
    Is jail the only way? no easier way? chroot can do it? how if yes? or
whats the alternatives?

Thank you guys for following up with me.

Marwan