Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:41:32 -0600
From:      "Travis McArthur" <travis@travisbsd.org>
To:        <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Make World Frequent Problems Section

Hello,

I have been working with FreeBSD for several years now, and have used =
make world often to update my system.  I used the handbook to do this, =
however, I still had several minor issues.  Originally, these problems =
took me a while to figure out, mostly because I had no idea how to fix =
them, but once one learns how, they are simple stupid problems such as =
an incorrect CMOS clock.  However, the handbook doesn't mention most of =
these issues, and if it does, it does so in a very short manor.

I am interesting in possibly writting a sub-section for the make world =
section of the handbook detailing some common issues/errors that make =
world produces, which are also easily solvable.  I think this could also =
reduce some questions on the other mailinglists reguarding small errors =
such as "touch not found", etc.

Wanted to check to see if anyone believes this would be useful or no =
before I begin writting, and if it would be useful, common problems that =
you have experienced.

Thanks!
Travis

--