Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:14:59 +0200
From:      Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net>
To:        Jim King <jim@jimking.net>
Subject:   Re: temperature acquisition on FreeBSD

On mercredi, ao=FB 6, 2003, at 15:15 Europe/Paris, Jim King wrote:

> That's the one (DS9097U).

ok

> Thermochron would be more expensive.  They're $25 each; a plain=20
> temperature iButton is $7, and bare DS1920s are probably a lot less=20
> than that.  Also, DalSemi has had major problems producing=20
> Thermochrons and quantities have been pretty limited for the last=20
> couple years.  (A Thermochron is a nifty toy to have though - I've had=20=

> fun with mine.)

I definitely want one :)

> Clarification:  The bare temperature device is the DS18S20.  In small=20=

> quantities they're $2.57 from DalSemi.  In really small quantities=20
> they'll probably send you free samples.

ok

> The DalSemi 1-Wire bus is really a bus - if you want more devices you=20=

> just wire them onto the bus (i.e. connect them in parallel with the=20
> other devices).
>
> fyi, I played with mlan3 a little bit.  I connected one of the DS1920=20=

> probes from my Spiderplant HLT into a DS9097U, and the 'temp' program=20=

> from mlan3 worked fine and was able to display temperature readings=20
> from the probe.

great, thanx a lot, I'm going to order the hardware after my vacation,=20=

so that I'll have a funny september. And with some luck I'll be able to=20=

plot the temperature of Steve Jobs Keynote at Apple Expo (Paris) ;))

patpro
--=20
"Rien ne se perd, rien ne se cr=E9e, tout s'empile"
					- Mon bureau -