Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:22:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   optical drives

Is there anything special (besides adding od0 to kernel configuration) that
needs to be done to get optical drives to work?

I place an optical drive on a Adaptec 2940, every access I can think of
using causes a integer divide by zero panic. BTW, check_part() in
sys/i386/isa/diskslice_machdep.c does not check if the number of sectors
per cylinder is 0 before doing an integer divide. I am only begon to trace
why this number is zero when od_open() was building the label, I thought
these numbers were okay.

--mark.