Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:23:58 -0600
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ivan Klymenko <fidaj@ukr.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: make -j# buildkernel errors ? (parallel build problem)

On Thu, 2014-08-21 at 17:22 +0300, Ivan Klymenko wrote:
> =F7 Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:04:45 -0400
> Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net> =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
>=20
> > If I do a make -j4 buildkernel on RELENG_10, it fails.  However, all=20
> > seems well with a non parallel build.
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > I am at r270271
> >=20
> >=20
> > Last few lines are
>=20
> I have the same problem and if I'm not mistaken, it started with a
> revision r270187 - r270205

I think this mess is my fault, due to some missed MFCs.  I've now MFC'd
the series of changes that (mostly) fixed the aicasm parallel build and
cross-build problems, which should work for most people who build using
the top-level makefile and buildworld/buildkernel targets.  There is one
more MFC to follow which clears up problems for people who build kernels
using the old configure-then-make method that bypasses the top makefile;
I've got a universe build underway to test before I commit that one.

So for most folks, I think the problems should be fixed now as of
r270274, but I only tested with -j12.

-- Ian