Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 20:22:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      batie@agora.rdrop.com (Alan Batie)
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unix quicktime

> xanim does quicktime

It does, but there's a gotcha: both Video For Windows and Quicktime allow
for plug-in codecs (codec = COmpressor/DECompressor), and there are a
number of them, virtually all proprietary third-party varieties.  xanim
only supports a couple of them, and they're not the ones that do the best
compression, so I'd be surprised if very many things actually played on
it.  Cinepak is the one it supports that people might use, so if that's
what you want to view, you'll be ok.

--
Alan Batie                   ______
batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /      Assimilate this!

It is my policy to avoid purchase of any products from companies which
use unrequested email advertisements or telephone solicitation.