Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:14:41 -0400
From:      leckert <leckert@neo.rr.com>
To:        shailesh sheoran <shailesh@ece.ubc.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: d-link 530TX + cards still dysfunctional

shailesh sheoran wrote:

> hi,
>         i am trying to setup 2 dlink dfe530tx+ cards on my PIII
> 750MHz freebsd 4.3 Release system.
>         despite all efforts I still  can't get them working. i have tried
> looking for information everywhere but
> the standard procedure of adding the lines
>         device miibus
>         device rl
> isn't working for me. I know the card is not damaged because i can access
> internet from windows98 but Freebsd still can't get the card working.
>         i am sure it should use the realtek 8139 driver because that's the
> driver that came with the card too. (but there is no FreeBSD version of it
> on the floppy, only linux and windows)

I am using the D-Link DFE-530TX+

It is seen as rl0  miibus0   realtek 8139 driver
I am using FreeBSD 4.3

I used the revision C version of the DFE, in the Black box. I bought a
DFE 530TX+ in a silver box. On the card it said revision D. I put it in
my machine, and it would not read the card. I pulled it out, robbed the
530TX+ out of my wife's M$ machine (which was a revision C-black box-,
and it works just fine. I don't know the difference between the 530TX+
cards in the black box and the silver box, according to the floppy, both
have the 8139 driver, but neither my Debian machine nor my FreeBSD
machine would recognize the card from the silver and blue box with the
man woman and child on the front. The card from the black box with the
picture of the actual NIC on the front works just fine.

--
kometboy  	   kometboy@neo.rr.com  (Debian GNU/Linux)
	           leckert@neo.rr.com       (FreeBSD)