Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 1999 18:10:57 +0100 (CET)
From:      Achim Patzner <ap@bnc.net>
To:        dave@turbocat.de (David Wetzel)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestion (Was Re: Rates calculations and the U.K. )

> > From: hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
> > You need a chipset being able to "listen" on the tx wires
>
> Someone told me that his ISDN card (which is in a linux box) can do this.

My AVM B1 card would be permitting this too...

> Would you please explain what is possible and what not?

Nobody (except the NT-2) is supposed to be monitoring the TX lines of the S
bus which is making it a bit harder to find out what the devices on the same
bus you are connected to are doing. To provide consistent information you'll
have to listen to that pair too - with a second card with "wrong" cabling.

Achim