Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 1995 21:29:45 +0000
From:      Donal Tobin <Donal.Tobin@cs.tcd.ie>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Another small nitpick [was Re: Revised version of "Giant Step" GIF]

> [ Yes, I'm waiting for the airport shuttle and trying to think up useless
>   things to do in the interim! :-) ]
>
> I also notice that it's kind of hard to orient the footprint and the
> location the daemon is obviously standing in to create the shadow
> (though the shadow from the ladder is pretty acute and the daemon's
> shadow less so, so it's still a little hard).  To get a sense of
> "action" from this image it might be better to skew the footprint a
> little so that it's plain that the daemon was walking towards the
> location he's now standing in.
	Yeah this is quite visible. The real reason is that it looks as if
it is a foot print from the left leg but it is in the positon that
one would expect the right leg to be in (given its relationship to
the ladder and shadow). The curve on the footprint indicates that is
is a left to me.
> I know it seems a small detail, but the viewers eye takes notice of
> these small details and it all either adds up to a feeling of
> "reality" about the picture or it doesn't.  The picture, as clearly
> and expertly drawn as it is, somehow doesn't give me that exact
> feeling.
	This is real comercial quality imagery - it is the kind of poster
people would pay mucho spondulics for.
	As ever ...
	Donal.

VOo=-+*+-=oOVOo=-+*+-=oOVOo=-+*+-=oOVOo=-+*+-=oOVOo=-+*+-=oOV
| Donal.Tobin@tcd.ie    |         When you get carried away |
| +353-1-608-1797       |    by enthusiasm you may be lucky |
| Will take MIME        |    if you can hitch-hike it back. |
AOo=-+*+-=oOAOo=-+*+-=oOAOo=-+*+-=oOAOo=-+*+-=oOAOo=-+*+-=oOA
<A HREF="http://www.cs.tcd.ie/www/detobin/detobin.html">Info here
:-)</A>