Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:59:52 -0700
From:      Greg Haa <slay@sirius.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fsinfo and freebsd 3.3

I have freebsd 2.2 and 2.6.  Now I have rebuilt a server that crashed
using 3.3.
NIS/YP works fine but fsinfo and the automounter system does not.  I
have maps
for all the drives on the 2.2 and 2.6 systems that look like this:

fs /dev/sd0s2e {
  fstype = nfs
  opts = rw
  passno = 1;
  freq = 1;
  mount default {
    exportfs "foosball cronos"
    volname /a/pinball/home/pinball/
  }
}

now I have put the maps for the 3.3 system on and when I run fsinfo to
try to build
I get "cannot read any input files."  I tried putting on the older
version of fsinfo but it
needs the older libraries  libc.XX.3  or something.  I have hand written
an expoet file
that works for the system but am wondering why  it won't build with the
other servers.
If anyone can help that would be great.  Also why isn't there anything
in the "complete freebsd"
about the NIS system.  Or am I just blind.

Thanks in advance.

-greg

slay@sirius.com