Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 09:41:42 -0600
From:      Jason Gilbert <jason@scott.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        MARCOS@eig.unige.ch
Subject:   Re: QuickCam software port

Peter Dufault wrote:

> (I've redirected this to -questions, since -ports is more about issues
> related to the FreeBSD "ports" mechanism than issues with a piece
> of software being ported)
>
> > I've just bought a QuickCam and found some software for Linux made for it.
> >
> > Is there already a port of QuickCam dedicated softwares to FreeBSD ?

Yes,  there are some diffs for a program called xfqcam.  Which is an X program that uses the Xform
library.  I've gotten it to work using the patches.  I think most of the linux stuff is supposed to
work under Freebsd, but I'm not sure.   There is a patch for nv for linux that supposedly compiles
under FreeBSD, according to the readme file.  I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet.
Check out http://www.crynwr.com/gcpc/   They have or have links to most of the info.
If you need the diffs for xfqcam I can send them to you.

L8r...Jason