Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 1996 22:47:01 -0500
From:      Isidoro Liendo <ilv@coatepec.uaemex.mx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Interrupts and ipintr

Hi...

I'am trying to figure out how does FreeBSD "register" the function
ipintr so that whenever a network interrupt occurs it "knows" that
the funtion to be call is precisly ipintr (if the packets that arrived
is and IP packet of course). I have read the code and I found a call
to NETISR_SET(NETISR_IP,ipintr) in the file ip_input.c.

Does this call "register" ipintr as the function to be called during the
interrupt?

I also have "followed" this macro to DATA_SET and the to MAKE_SET after
which something called "asm()" is called. Could anybody explain me what
does this function does?

I appreciate the time you spent reading this email...

Thank you very much....