Date:      Sun, 09 Jul 2000 10:25:20 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@northwestern.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Minor issues after upgrade to 4.0-Stable

"David J. Kanter" wrote:

> My upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 was a lot easier than I thought, but now I've got
> some minor annoyances that I don't know how to fix.
>
> 1. Xfstt (linux) isn't working properly. The binary is running, as shown by
> ps, but I have no access to TrueType fonts. All the fonts are on my Windows
> partition. It worked fine before, and I haven't changed a thing in the
> start-up script or /etc/XF86Config.
>
> 2. WindowMaker's wmnet isn't working right. I have wmnet -i tun0 start up
> automatically, but it starts up with the ppp0 device. And, none of my
> tunneling devices show up if I cycle through all the devices on the wmnet
> app. If I type, at the shell, wmnet -i tun0, it'll show up. All the other
> devices show up, like faith, etc., too.
>
> 3. How do I get the new docs to install? I cvsup'ed the doc-all branch, and
> assumed they would be updated automatically. But they weren't. What do I do
> to get these updated?

You have to "cd /usr/doc" and do a make and make install. You need the
docproj installed before it will work. What I did then is add a folder
to my KDE desktop with a link to /usr/doc/<your language>/articles and
books.

Kent

> 4. /var/cron/log moved to /var/log/cron, so I just did a cp -Rp. Does that
> sound OK?
>
> Again, these are minor in the grand scheme of things, but I'd like to get
> them fixed.
> --
> David Kanter
> djkanter@northwestern.edu

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/bomber.jpg