Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:28:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Abdul Mehdi <amehdi_2000@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD and system V Semaphores

I have tried to write some simple programs about the
binary semaphores, I didn't get the result that I
expected but I was able to create one
set of semaphores has one track. I think my question
is, if I'm able to create a semaphore and delete it,
does this mean my FreeBSD 4.0
supports system V semaphores, or I need to rebuild the
kernel with new options? I have another
question/request: Is there any body can
send me a simple semaphore program that has two
processes one process take the track and write to a
file and another process waiting
for the track to be free. I need to see the
synchronization in FreeBSD please. Thanks.
abdul