Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:19:48 +0300
From:      Victor Ivanov <v0rbiz@icon.bg>
To:        Pete McKenna <pmckenna@qwest.net>
Cc:        francisv@dagupan.com, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ppp and libradius

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:09:51AM -0500, Pete McKenna wrote:
> I can't say that I've done this on NT, but Radius typically does
> accounting on the port just above the authentication port.
> The default ports used to be:
>
> 1645 Auth
> 1646 Acct
> The official IANA assignment is now apparently:
> 1812 Auth
> 1813 Acct
>
> I wasn't able to get valid acct packets out of libradius, and ended
> up using radclient from freeradius, which worked very well for what
> I needed to do.
> YMMV
>
> http://www.freeradius.org/

PPP uses correctly libradius, I have used it with merit radius and now am
using it with freeradius.  You need to specify both accounting and
authentication radius servers in radius.conf, even if it is actualy the
same server listening on a different port.

--
Players win and winners play
Have a lucky day