Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:34:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Mike Loiterman <mike@ascendency.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM installtion problems.

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Mike Loiterman wrote:

> Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:42:23 -0600
> From: Mike Loiterman <mike@ascendency.net>
> To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: CD-ROM installtion problems.

> Just downloaded 5.0 and successfully burnt the discs.
>
> Unfortunately I have been unable to get my system to boot with the discs.  Disc 1 works fine with others systems, however.
>
> I can boot the system with a windows disk without problems, so the CD-ROM drive appears to work.
>
> I can boot the system with the floppies, but when I try to install from the CD-ROM drive it says it there was an error mount /dev/adc0.
>
> I'm using a promise Ultar133TX2 ata adapter which is supported by FreeBSD according to the documentation.  The card sees both the HD and the CD-ROM.
>
> I used Nero Burning ROM to burn the disc.  I created an Image from the ISO.  Did I burn the disc incorrectly?

The ISO already *is* an image. If you get a directory listing of the CD in
e.g. win32 do you see 1 enormous file or the BSD CD structure? If the disk
was burned improperly, you'll see just 1 large file on the CD and not the
correct file structure.

HTH - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg