Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:51:09 -0400
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1460D Adaptec, aic1 .. where's da device ??

Peter Radcliffe stated:
: peterg <pgatz@tiac.net> probably said:
: > Just inserted an Adaptec 1460D slimscsi pccard
: > It gets reckognized just fine as aic1 .....
:
: If you want to change that to aic0 you can change the line;
:   device         aic0    at isa?
:   device         aic
:
: > Then I do either an fdisk -s da0 or da1 ... or I do a disklabel -r da0 or da1
: > .. whatever
: >
: > Nadda, nothing, device not configged is all
: > in /dev all my da devices are there and in my KERNEL config the da device is
: > incl.
:
: Have you rescanned the bus ? How you rescan the SCSI bus has changed
: between 3.4 and 4.0, both of which support the Adaptec card. You
: didn't actually say what OS version you're running (it generally
: helps), but since you mention 'da0' I assume 4.0 and you should do;
:
:   camcontrol rescan 0

In playing with an earlier version of the card (I had made the kernel
change above), I had to do things like

camcontrol rescan aic0
camcontrol reset aic0

to get a Sony Diskman/CDROM combo to work and be seen as cd0; however,
an Iomega Zip 100 Plus just worked with only a rescan.

Do you have the "device pass" in there too?

Sean O'Connell                                       sean@stat.Duke.EDU