Date:      Wed, 04 Feb 2009 23:23:40 +0100
From:      Marcin Cieslak <saper@system.pl>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP/CFT] Xserver 1.6 + randr + intel

Robert Noland wrote:

> The font issue is being discussed on the xorg lists and I expect a
> resolution will be present in the final 1.6 server.

Yes, this is more or less the patch I have sent before.

Things are fine when disabling "builtin fonts only" feature of the X.org
server and we no longer need freetype module for that.

> AFAICT, xtrap is just gone... I need to get some clarification on what
> is going on with freetype.

Not needed anymore I guess. To sum: everything runs fine since yesterday
I have upgraded with a remove-bultin-fonts-feature-patch.

> I'm not really setup to test the nv driver at the moment, so I can't add
> a lot here.

"Nv" used to have some trouble, but for now it is running stable for me.
I will switch by box to Intel however, any hints how to test the new
XvMC extension support?

--Marcin