Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 11:55:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Yang Pan <pany@ans.ih.lucent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where to get 3com network interface card driver?

Yang Pan wrote to Ryan Thompson and Kent Stewart:

> Ryan,
>
> I have 3C509 driver, but I don't find 3C509b. If you have
> one, please send me. Thanks a lot!
>
> Yang Pan

There is no need to "send" you a driver.  The driver you require is
actually precompiled into the GENERIC kernel, and need only be enabled
with visual userconfig.  The "ep" driver does indeed support the 509b--as
I mentioned, I have several of these cards and have used that driver since
FreeBSD 2.x through to 4.0.  If you can not get it to work, check your
card settings and uplink status and mail us back with the output of dmesg.

Virtually yours,
- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Systems Administrator, Accounts

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2