Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 2010 11:36:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Samuel_Mart=EDn_Moro?= <faust64@gmail.com>
Cc:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>, perryh@pluto.rain.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing 8.1-RELEASE from the memstick

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Samuel Mart?n Moro wrote:

> I installed my 8.1 using an usb stick and the disc1.iso image**.
> When I had to choose insallation media source, I couldn't choose USB drive
> nor CD (media not found or so).

"USB drive" would probably mean a USB drive that's not the boot drive,
maybe with a more common file system like FAT32 or NTFS.  That menu
entry may need rewording.

An extracted CD image isn't a CD any more, so that's not it either.

"File System" is probably the right choice when the installation files
are in a directory on the USB stick (untested by me, though).