Date:      Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:51:45 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nForce4-SLI, AHCI and NCQ and FreeBSD 6.0

Hello.
I have a little question about the popular nForce4-SLI chipset for the
Socket 939 platform. The onboard SATA controller of the nForce4-SLI
chipset claims to be NCQ (or SATA II) capable, but nVidia implemented
this feature in a not-AHCI-standardised way, but as an own solution. My
question is: Is the FBSD 6.X driver for the nForce4-SLI chipset capable
of using NCQ (as I know, the driver has to enable NCQ and it's not done
automatically by the harddrive-controller interaction).

Thanks in advance,
Oliver