Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:26:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@RWSystems.net>
To:        =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Ronald_Wiplinger_=28=C3Q=A4=AF=AF=C7=29?= <ronald@trace.net.tw>
Cc:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ethernet card problem

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Ronald Wiplinger (ÃQ¤¯¯Ç) wrote:
> I got finally the second Intel Ether express Ethernet card and have
> installed it. It does not show up any error, but the system still hangs
> within 12 hours, if the ETINC bandwidth manager is running. (otherwise
> the second Ethernet card is not used anyway.)

What if you disable using the b/w mgr for a while and run unlimited; turn
it back on after seeing if you can run longer without it. I've also had
enough troubles with various network cards and drivers to suggest trying a
pair of 3Com or some other vendor as an experiment as well.

Don't laugh, I would also check the power supply as I've had suprising
results from slightly off-spec ones! Check it at the motherboard connector
pins. Servers with several network cards, drives, and memory frequently
load power supplies more than they were designed for.

A couple of suggestions - Jy@