Date:      Sat, 12 Nov 2016 11:28:51 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help to find out what caused system crash

--1sGk352tMSSkftOrPPH9KxF95vFU4nEfc
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--mInlSvDaOXqMFxA5kOJ3SWVPWJp1KMcgL

On 12/11/2016 10:01, Manish Jain wrote:
> I replaced the graphics with a new Radeon R5 230, and things had been=20
> looking good the last couple of days. Except that a few minutes ago, th=
e=20
> system suddenly crashed. A vmcore has been generated in /var/crash -=20
> it's over 700 MB.

Hi, Manish,

Your best bet is to raise a PR with all the detail you can.
freebsd-questions@... tends not to be read by all of the kernel
developers who might be in a position to help you out.

If you can, try and generate a backtrace according to the instructions in=

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/ker=
neldebug-gdb.html

If nothing else, this should indicate where in the kernel things went
wrong, which will help in directing your report to someone with relevant
knowledge.

	Cheers,

	Matthew