Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:40:01 -0500
From:      Chip Marshall <cmarshall@expi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Epson Action Laser 1000

Hi, I'm trying to get an Epson Action Laser 1000 printer setup on a
FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE machine. It currently doesn't work too well, and
only seems to print some of the time. Mostly, when it finishes
printing one job, the job never goes away, and the next job never
starts.  Either that, or it won't print, the little green light which
makes me think it's getting data blinks for upwards of an hour, and
the job always reports as active.  I'm using the generic printcap
entry, and mostly printing through Win98 boxes to Samba, which passes
the job to lpd (this much I know works, as the job does show with
lpq.)

Is there some problem with having the output of Windows' printer
driver for the Action Laser 1000 being given to lpd? Or do I need
something more specific for my printcap?

BTW, I know the printer works, since it will print just fine when
hooked directly to a Windows box, but who wants to use one of them for
a print server? :)

--
Chip Marshall <cmarshall@expi.com>
Exploration Physics International, Inc.  Internet Technology Programmer