Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark P <parsissn@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-i386@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel ISA NIC

I have an old Compaq Prolinea 6150e that has an Intel
Ether Pro/10 ISA NIC. I'm having trouble configuring
the NIC so that FBSD can use it. It seems to be an IRQ
conflict from what I can see. If I set it to "Plug and
Play" via the Intel SoftSet program, the NIC reports
no IRQ and ff:ff:ff:ff as it's MAC address. If I set
it to IRQ 10, I don't see any conflicts but I can't
seem to hit anything (network wise) beyond the card
interface. It may be worth noting also that set to IRQ
10, the SoftSet test program fails on internal loop (I
think). If I set it to Plug and Play, or IRQ 5 (the
IRQ of COM2), the SoftSet tests all pass. Is there a
way I can disable COM2 in FBSD? I'd try to do it in
the BIOS but it a Compaq and I can't find the BIOS
config utility for this particular system.

Anyone have any experience or other ideas on how to
get this ISA NIC working?

Much thanks!

Mark