Date:      Fri, 04 Mar 2016 09:09:13 -0600
From:      Brandon J. Wandersee <brandon.wandersee@gmail.com>
To:        Support SimpleRezo <simplerezo@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File corruptions with SSHFS

Support SimpleRezo writes:

> Hi,
>
> Here is my problem:
> I create a SSHFS mount (Host B) of a directory from a remote host (Host A).
> My remote directory contains packages that I manually generates (pkg
> create). When I do a pkg add of my package (Host B), I get the following
> output:
>
> pkg: archive_read_extract() errno -1: Lzma library error:  No progress is
> possible
>
> I note the file is corrupted and the md5 of the package is changed on Host
> A after run of this command (pkg add).
>
> Any idea ?

If the package server is on-site and you intend to mount it routinely,
use NFS. If it is off-site, or this is a one-time operation, use SCP to
copy the directory containing the packages to your local system and then
install them with pkg-add(8). I've never heard anything good about
SSHFS.

   		      :: Brandon Wandersee ::
                  :: brandon.wandersee@gmail.com ::