Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 13:43:30 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X problems using egcs as compiler

According to Alex Zepeda:
> Personally, I'd vote for using the new runtime objects, and forcing binary
> incompatibility.  It's worth it IMO for the exception handling support if
> nothing else.  However, if you're dead set against it, just back up your
> runtime objects, and edit the spec file (like the egcs port forced you to
> do at one time, and probably still does).

The problem I see is that exceptions are for C++ and forcing ANSI C files
to be compiled with -fexceptions and linked with new runtime objects is
probably not the best way...
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #70: Sat Feb 27 09:43:08 CET 1999