Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:48:59 -0400
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: middle mouse button emulation broken

Hi-

I'd like to report a "Me too" on Robert Watson's report of
middle mouse emulation breakage under X.  I just updated a
laptop (touchpad with 2 button mouse) running 4.0-RELEASE
to 4.0-STABLE using sources cvsup'd this morning.

The cut and paste features under X (and to a lesser extent on
the virtual consoles) are not working with moused and XFree86-3.36.
Under X, the left mouse down drag is ignored.  I am able to work
around the problem by killing moused and then using

Protocol "PS/2"
Device   "/dev/psm0"
Emulate3Buttons

in the Pointer section of /etc/XF86Config.

Could this be related to the April 4 commits to syscons and
friends?  I also rebuilt moused with the DFLT_BUTTON2TIMEOUT
reset to 500, but this didn't seem to make any diffence.