Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:10:35 +0300
From:      Andrius <stone.email@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making ports work with clang, report #3

I'm [still] working on creating an easy way to change ports compiler
without breaking too much stuff.
http://wiki.freebsd.org/SOC2010AndriusMorkunas

Last week I've added support for various versions of gcc to PORTS_CC, so
in theory, it should be possible to use gcc44 (or any other gcc port)
while still respecting USE_GCC. It still needs to handle dependencies of
gcc ports somehow, I didn't investigate that too much yet. I have also
been fixing some ports and reporting clang bugs.

Plan for this week: continue fixing ports. Fix gcc (and clang?) ports so
that they don't fail when trying to update shared libraries they depend on.

--
Andrius