Date:      Sat, 04 Oct 1997 12:13:58 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SpecTcl needs java, which port to use for this ?

If you try to use the Java components of course it is going to look or
ask for Java however if you start up specTcl and use tk8.0 at the very
least SpecTcl should start up and you can play with it.

 ./specTcl
Starting SpecTcl 1.1

 more specTcl
 #!/bin/sh
 SpecTcl
 # Copyright (c) 1994-1997 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
 #
 # See the file "license.txt" for information on usage and redistribution
 # of this file, and for a DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES.
 #
 # SCCS: @(#) specTcl 1.9 97/06/26 10:06:06

 # Change DIR to the directory that contains the SpecTcl source files
 DIR=../SpecTcl

 # Change WISH to the pathname of your tk4.1a2 (or >) wish binary
 WISH=`which wish8.0`

 env SPECTCL_DIR=$DIR $WISH $DIR/main.tk $@ &
 echo "Starting SpecTcl 1.1"
 exit 0

	Amancio

>From The Desk Of Andreas Klemm :
> On Sat, Oct 04, 1997 at 10:40:01AM -0700, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> > I don't think so . Spectcl is written in TCL and can generate target code
> > for tcl or java .
>
> There is a separate specJava script to start wish -java or such ...
> Then a popup comes and says:
>
> Can't find java in your path, Java testing and help will be disabled.
>
> It seems to be the case, that without java you are missing some of
> the ports functionality.
>
> --
> Andreas Klemm                    powered by ,,symmetric multiprocessor FreeBS
D''
> andreas@klemm.gtn.com            - http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html
> andreas@FreeBSD.ORG              - http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/benches.h
tml